Tuesday, January 26, 2010

amsterdam!!!!

Since I will be in Amsterdam the next few days it is going to be hard for me to keep this updated because I will be busy studying fine art at the Van Gogh museum.

When I get back you can expect lots of posts where I exaggerate how awesome everything in Amsterdam is. I'll probably compare it to how things are in the States (fuck you Milt) and act downtrodden that I won't be able to stay here forever. I'll even talk about how I stayed away from the tourist traps and got to know the real Amsterdam--the one that only the locals know about. Yeah, my journey to being that guy is almost complete.

Then again one might say in my attempt to not be that guy I am becoming the guy that tries too hard not to be that guy. So am I the "dude playing the dude, disguised as another dude" or "a dude who has no idea what dude he is and claims to know what dude he is"? I am afraid that my attempts at self-deprecating humor is leaning closer towards one-trick pony status that always goes for the low hanging fruit than actual poignant witticisms. Perhaps my error lay in trying to be funny. After all, this is a travel blog: it's suppose to be bad and poorly written.

I will be back Saturday night and class starts on Tuesday. At some point in between I will hopefully have something interesting to say about Amsterdam.

No comments:

Post a Comment