Wednesday, May 12, 2010

weather

Everything about Copenhagen is awesome except the weather.

Bad weather follows me everywhere I go. It's like I'm in Loony Toons and I have that black cloud following me around just raining on my head.

It's May and I'm lucky if it breaks 10 degrees (and that's Celsius, bitch.) It's currently raining outside and I'm supposed to play a football game in a few hours (that's soccer, bitch.)

At least the bad weather forces me to actually spend time working on my final paper. If anyone wants to read a 15-20 page summary exploring masculinity in blaxploitation and hood films let me know.

I've also learned to cook since I came to Denmark. I can now bake bread, cook a whole chicken, roast roast beef, and saute like a champ among other things.

I'm procrastinating right now because I have to finish my aforementioned paper, finish an article about the Danish version of Comic-Con, start writing my second 15-20 page paper about Soren Kierkegaard, and finish reading a book that has absolutely nothing to do with any of the above but I only have 200 pages or so left and I hate not finishing books in a timely manner.

I also need to buy my plane tickets to England, France, and some other places I haven't decided yet. I also need to hope that the volcano in Iceland erupts again on June 27th so my plane gets grounded and I can stay in Copenhagen longer. Fingers crossed.

2 comments: